Sunday, February 13, 2011

Review: Revlon Custom Eyes Waterproof Mascara

I have been wanting to get the new Revlon Custom Eyes Waterproof Mascara ever since I saw it in the commercials. I haven't really been able to pick it up until a few days ago, and now I've used it and played with it enough for me to make a review


The thing that intrigued me the most is the 2-way bristle... it's so techy and advanced.. I just was really very curious how it worked... and I've actually figured it out too...

 
You can make two looks with this mascara. No. 1 is labeled Length and Drama - which is basically just volumizing, and No. 2 is labeled Length and Definition - which is basically lengthening.

 
 
 
I wasn't able to take photos of the bristles new - but I got a picture from the net to explain better how I figured this wand works.

 
There are two bristles - one is purple and another in aqua blue. The purple one has longer bristles and the aqua one has shorter bristles. When you twist the wand to switch from #1 to #2 - the aqua blue bristles are the ones that move... and they move in and out (or up and down, depending on your direction).

When you have the wand set at No 1 (volumizing) - the bristles are aligned in front of each other and so when you apply the product into your lashes, it leaves more product onto your lashes and so it makes it more intense and more volumized.

When you have the wand set at No. 2 (Defining) - the aqua bristle moves and shifts and aligned next to the purple bristled so that when you apply the product into your lashes - it brushes your lashes better and so it creates more definition.

So basically that's how I figured it. I hope I've explained it well... =)


THE PERFORMANCE

 I really like how this mascara has turned out. I am a little confused because when I was testing it out - I found that No.2 (Defining) actually gave my lashes more volume than No. 1 and No 1 gave me more definition than No.2 - so it's kinda backwards... 

Also, this mascara is waterproof, and I tested this by putting some of the mascara at the back of my hand, let is dry, and got some water and tried to smudge it out... DID NOT BUDGE. Also, I took a nap wearing the mascara and woke up without any gunk under my eyes.

Below is the comparison between No. 1 and No. 2 - as applied on my lashes. Oh, and BTW, my lashes are naturally thin and sparse (think Asian lashes)...

One coat
You can clearly see from the photo that #2 has more volume than #1 - which is weird...

This is a close-up of #1 on my lashes

 
This is a close-up photo of #2 on my lashes

 
THE VERDICT

Overall, I really did like this mascara. Apart from being confused with the result of no.1 and no.2 - it did perform very well in giving me volume and definition. I don't think it can compare to CoverGirl's Lash Blast - in terms of giving that much definition, but it did perform well and I have no complaints.

I felt like the mascara did what it's supposed to do. It is true to its claim being a waterproof mascara. It's staying power is pretty great. Plus, you get to have ton of fun with the twist handle.

I give this mascara 4 out of 5 stars. Recommended.

You can pick this up in any drugstore. I purchased mine for $8 or $9 - but depending on the deal you get, it could be lower.

Let me know what you guys think!

X♥
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...