Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Heroes of Olympus: Lost Hero (Rick Riordan)



I have always been a big fan of the Percy Jackson and the Olympian series (yeah I'm such a kid!). When the series ended it was really sad and I really felt like I wanted to read more.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians is about a teen-aged boy discovering that he is so much more than just a regular boy with ADHD. He is a demigod, more importantly, son of Poseidon. The series takes us to his battles, struggles with himself, struggles with his weaknesses, and ultimately saving the world or die trying.

It is a very nice story, filled with adventure and Riordan kept it lighter with bits of sarcasm. I love his writing style.

A few days ago I received a wonderful email from Borders. A new book from Rick Riordan is coming out this year! Borders sent me access to read 2 chapters of the book. My thoughts: I CAN'T WAIT!!

I am pre-ordering this book from Borders .. October cant come too soon!!

Description of the book taken from Borders after the jump:


"After saving Olympus from the evil Titan lord, Kronos, Percy and friends have rebuilt their beloved Camp Half-Blood, where the next generation of demigods must now prepare for a chilling prophecy of their own: Seven half-bloods shall answer the call, To storm or fire the world must fall. An oath to keep with a final breath, And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death. Now, in a brand-new series from blockbuster best-selling author Rick Riordan, fans return to the world of Camp Half-Blood. Here, a new group of heroes will inherit a quest. But to survive the journey, they need the help of some familiar demigods."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...